The Advocate Team, within the Advancement Department, exists to build new and existing relationships with churches, schools, businesses, and groups in order to engage people and present the vision of Children of the Nations. The purpose is to mobilize partners to get involved in giving their time, skills and resources to impact children and students who will transform their nations. This role is focused on raising funds with churches and individuals to support the objectives of meeting the needs of student's transformation.
The goal is to reach out to partners and secure a deeper engagement to help us fund the ministry, not just be mobilized to the mission.
Job Description Detail:
- Build relationships with portfolio partners (Strategic Church partners and mid-tier regional partners) to help them fulfil their calling to serve and engage with COTN goals and objectives. Responsible for the acquisition and relationships with engaged partners who represent churches and individuals.
- Grow funding to support ministry initiatives, with a fundraising portfolio that focuses on approved projects and programs. Design, plan, and participate in the development of funding activities.
- Develop and execute planned and measurable action steps designed to serve and deepen relationships through strategic meetings and event involvement.
- Responsible for the acquisition and relationships with engaged partners who represent churches and individuals. Network, develop, and respond to relationships to present COTN and mobilize churches, organizations, and individuals to get involved.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contact with existing and potential partners
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies
- Moving potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion to deepen relationships
- Offer opportunities Maintain stewardship contact with donors.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Meet performance objectives and goals.
- Assure an important level of accuracy and professionalism when providing information about COTN.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong faith and dependence on Jesus Christ
- Strong commitment to uphold and support COTN’s Mission and Vision statements as well as codes of conduct
- S./B.A. degree or equivalent
- Two or more successful years of experience in major gift fundraising or comparable experience
- Demonstrated and sincere interest in all aspects of COTN’s ministry and a dedication to promoting opportunities to serve
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
- Successful experience in developing in-depth cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Highly relational, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
- Must be willing to travel an average of 5-10 days per month
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and a self-starter.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in software, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs/Sheets.
- Ability to take responsibility for personal and organizational results, and proactively develop greater ability to expand the COTN mission.
Some evening and weekend work is required
Benefits: Medical, Paid Sick Leave, Vacation, and Holidays