To provide support to Children of the Nations implementing countries by assisting with strategy and methodology to meet established Education Standards of Service. Training, development, and assessment are key focuses. The position also seeks to facilitate communication and collaboration with COTNI’s Operations Branch regarding International Education’s programs and projects.
Ministry/Job Description Detail
- Research potential program ideas for ongoing development.
- Assist with strategic planning/goal setting and budgeting processes with each implementing country, as outlined, to ensure alignment to reach identified education end result.
- Communicate with supervisor, implementing staff as assigned, liaisons and International office staff, keeping open lines of communication.
- Oversee COTNI education budget and projects as outlined.
- Identify and develop relationships with partnering organizations to assist in meeting strategic goals of the education programs in each country.
- Work collaboratively with COTN partnering organizations and International branch staff to develop training modules & training plans for implementing countries
- Supervise International Education Specialists
- Advocate for educational needs of children in COTN’s programs – Children’s Homes, Village Partnership Program and University/Vocational.
- Assist with ongoing edits and development of educational standards of service, criteria for evaluation, formal assessments, training opportunities, and best practice development.
- Travel to COTN implementing countries, as needed, to assist with training, evaluation of current programs, formal standards of service assessments, staff development, etc
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree preferred (minimum Bachelor’s degree) in teaching, education, educational administration or related field
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
- Working understanding of the effects of trauma on child development and learning.
- International/cross cultural experience preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Humble, disciple of Christ.
- Empathetic, flexible, and relational.
- Professional writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach, train, work independently and be self-motivated.
Benefits: Paid Medical, Sick Leave, Vacation and Holidays